Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime not activating after number ported from EE

ScottB99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope someone can help as this is driving me crazy!! My number ported over on Wednesday from EE to O2 and I’ve tried everything possible to get my number activated for IMessage and FaceTime but I just keep get the activation error message!! Any thing else I can do?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@ScottB99 

We know that it takes a few days for the number to update on the appropriate systems after a port.

Also check Settings >Phone >My Number and edit it if incorrect.

Sometimes you may need to reset your network settings or get a new blank sim from O2 but try the above first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@ScottB99 

We know that it takes a few days for the number to update on the appropriate systems after a port.

Also check Settings >Phone >My Number and edit it if incorrect.

Sometimes you may need to reset your network settings or get a new blank sim from O2 but try the above first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

ScottB99
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve tried all reset settings I’ve even put iPhone back to factory and reloaded, turned I phone off for half an hour then re turned iMessage and FaceTime on and checked all settings and still nothing?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@ScottB99 

New sim or wait a few days to see if it comes to life then.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

ScottB99
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, it’s been 3 days already!! Will pop into O2 store and see if they can help with a new SIM card 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

Good luck

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Kvnldbttr
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went through the same issue when I joined about 12 months ago. Although I didn’t port my number from another network, I joined O2 new and they provided me a new number. 

to be honest O2 were really little to no help at all. I kept being told in the store as well as in the live chat it was an apple issue and I have to contact them it was nothing to do with O2. 

turns out it was an O2 issue and was solved after 3 different SIM cards.

I hope you don’t have to go through the same frustration O2 gave me.  

Message 7 of 7