Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Captain_Snow
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa @Slim208 @Breanna @gmarkj I have similar issues since porting to O2 - please can you help me.
I've tried everything I know - Reset all settings, on/off, even had a new sim from the O2 store - really really frustrating, starting to wish I'd never swapped to O2

Message 21 of 271

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Morning @Captain_Snow 

It looks like @O2Sarah- will be on today. Can you take a look at this please?

Message 22 of 271

Captain_Snow
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. @O2Sarah- your help would be much appreciated - really frustrated now

Message 23 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Breanna 

@Captain_Snow  I will send you a private message so that we can check your account 😊

Message 24 of 271

Davidoneman
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi im having the same issue , have people got this problem sorted ? Driving me mad

Message 25 of 271

Waldough
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Breanna @O2Sarah @O2Lisa , I'm having this same problem after porting my number from EE. No luck activating iMessage with the physical sim card, nor after moving to an eSim. There isn't even a phone number showing up in my iPhone's settings! Any help would be appreciated as I use iMessage for work.

Thanks in advance.

Message 26 of 271

Waldough
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How strange. After 3 days of it being completely dead, it's suddenly just started working again.

Phone number showing under "phone" too.

So if anyone else is having this problem after a port/sim swap, just wait it out. I didn't even have to restart my phone, it just started working.

Cheers.

Message 27 of 271

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Captain_Snow .. I can see my colleague has been dealing with your issue, hopefully everything is now sorted😊

@Waldough glad to see everything is now up and running for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 271

MTin
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I've got the same problem no iMessage or FaceTime just says error occurred during activation Ive had a new sim and tried all of the standard fixes. The new sim fixed some of my issues as I couldn't receive calls at first. Can you please help, thanks.  @MTin 

Message 29 of 271

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey @Waldough thanks for letting us know. We've seen that waiting a few days was the remedy a couple times on the community, but frustrating nonetheless.

@O2Lisa would you be able to take a look at @MTin's issue above?

Message 30 of 271