Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn Thanks I will pick this up.

Hi @ChrisF80 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 261 of 271

Pdb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having this issue - it’s the phone number itself which won’t activate (iCloud email addresses work fine for Apple messages but sms won’t activate) have followed all cs advice and it’s ended in me resetting the network and restoring an iCloud backup. Now of course my banking apps and Apple Pay are locked because they rely on sms to activate. I can send sms but not receive (assume it’s on iCloud) make pand receive phone calls and FaceTime. Spent three hours on o2 support on Saturday going round in circles.

Message 262 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38543 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@Pdb wrote:

I am also having this issue - it’s the phone number itself which won’t activate (iCloud email addresses work fine for Apple messages but sms won’t activate) have followed all cs advice and it’s ended in me resetting the network and restoring an iCloud backup. Now of course my banking apps and Apple Pay are locked because they rely on sms to activate. I can send sms but not receive (assume it’s on iCloud) make pand receive phone calls and FaceTime. Spent three hours on o2 support on Saturday going round in circles.

It's after 9pm Saturday now, so the next advisor is @O2Sarah- on from 8am Monday. Keep a watch on your Private Messages here after that time, @Pdb.

Message 263 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Pdb This usually resolves on its own but I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 264 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38543 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions
Message 265 of 271

ross_mini5
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has anyone found a solution to this really frustrating issue?  I have got similar problems and I was talking to @O2Sarah- last week.

Message 266 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Hi @ross_mini5   I have been out of the office for the weekend but will follow up with you soon 😊

Message 267 of 271

ross_mini5
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Evo_Lee 
Did you manage to get this issue resolved with help from @O2Lisa ?

Mine has been going on since January when I got my iPhone, first with Sky and with O2.  To be honest I’m getting pretty fed up (all I want to do is use my number with iMessage and FaceTime)!

Message 268 of 271

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Unfortunately there are no longer any o2 community advisors @ross_mini5 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Support-advisor-update/m-p/1634920#M40122 

You will now have to either message o2 on social media, or try calling them.

Call them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 if you were pay monthly, or 4445 or 0344 809 222 if PAYG (or use 0800 032 1402 if you have no other line, and you can use Skype for free - Guide: A Guide to Skype ).

Alternatively you can message on social media: 

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 269 of 271

JayLondon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa

I am having the same issue after porting from Vodafone to O2

Message 270 of 271