Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

SQH94
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could you share what the issue was by any chance please? in the same boat 😞

Message 91 of 271

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over to you now.

signature
Message 92 of 271

JAJW
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I am currently experiencing the same issue after moving over from Three. Called O2 support who confirmed everything was ported correctly and Apple Support have confirmed there's nothing wrong with the iPhone settings. I have tried all available troubleshooting options; Resetting Network Settings, SIM card out and back in; Time Zone check; Logging in and Out of Apple ID etc etc). If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks. 

James

Message 93 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38496 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@JAJW wrote:

Hi there. I am currently experiencing the same issue after moving over from Three. Called O2 support who confirmed everything was ported correctly and Apple Support have confirmed there's nothing wrong with the iPhone settings. I have tried all available troubleshooting options; Resetting Network Settings, SIM card out and back in; Time Zone check; Logging in and Out of Apple ID etc etc). If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks. 

James

Hi @JAJW - I'll tag @O2Sarah- - see if she has space on her list today to get to you presently, watch out for a Private Message from her. Good luck!

Message 94 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38496 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@JAJW wrote:

Thanks. 

James

Hi @JAJW - I'll tag O2Sarah- - see if she has space on her list today to get to you presently, watch out for a Private Message from her. Good luck!

Looks like we missed O2Sarah- earlier, but @O2Emma should be on shortly and may be able to get you sorted, @JAJW  - watch out for a Private Message from her. Good luck!

Message 95 of 271

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 96 of 271

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @JAJW I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 97 of 271

SQH94
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please try and help. @O2Ryan  has helped but we’ve gone through all the steps I had already tried before posting. I have even tried a blank sim today and that hasn’t worked. I am stuck and so frustrated and really want this sorted. 
Have already spoken to apple who reccomended everything I’ve tried and even factory reset with no success. 
have also put the sim in a different phone that was factory reset and not signed into iCloud anywhere on the device. 
@O2Emma @O2Sarah- @Breanna @O2Georgina @O2Ryan 

please someone help me with something, I am out of my wits! 

Message 98 of 271

SQH94
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@H15 @JAJW how did you guys get on? I’ve had no success still 😞

Message 99 of 271

SQH94
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics