Did you mean: 

Wrong Address

Kam1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Im trying to start a new contact with O2 however they have an incorrect address for my property. I went to the store and they said they would amend it but it has been two weeks and it still has not been fixed. The Royal Mail database has my actual address but this is not reflected on the o2 database. Whenever I try to talk to the Chatbot they put me into contact with the sales team, and when they try to transfer me to Tech Support it always crashes the Chatbox. Is there any other way I could deal with this issue? 

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38492 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

The updates from Royal Mail to O2 only happen a couple of times a year, it seems. Sales should be able to override it for placing an order though. Their number is 0800 081 0255 and other Social Media channels in Guide: How to find help & contact O2 - be persistent.

Good luck @Kam1234 

Message 2 of 4

Kam1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I did call o2 and they said there is nothing they can do, they cannot add my address or amend anything. Apparently it doesn't matter that it is on the Royal Mail website, there is nothing they can do and I obviously can't start any contract with o2 now. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38492 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Kam1234 wrote:

So I did call o2 and they said there is nothing they can do, they cannot add my address or amend anything. Apparently it doesn't matter that it is on the Royal Mail website, there is nothing they can do and I obviously can't start any contract with o2 now. 

O2 turning down money? Well, I never!

See here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Address-database/m-p/1569403/highlight/true#M248475

and

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/02-address-data-base-gives-wrong-address/m-p/1547169/highlight/tr...

It could be you need to ask when the database will next be updated on the O2 side... or take your money (after testing reception using monthly PAYG SIM first) to another provider, @Kam1234 - not sure if our Community Manager, @Kei-M_O2 can add any colour to the 3-month update cycle for the PAF... he mat answer tomorrow. 

Message 4 of 4