• 0 Solutions

Hi I'm Tring to set up WiFi calling on my device and I'm really struggling 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Helena1
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem, my husband Wi-Fi calling is fine, we have fibre for network without any problems. 
I am desperate, we have NO O2 network and my WiFi calling is not working. It states I have to call O2 to activate it, while it shows in my O2 that it is activated. O2 shop has provided me with a new sims, I have reset the network, switched of my data  and anything else what was advised.
My husbands WiFi calling works fine.
The engineer was supposed to call but having no signal that is unlikely. Please advice
1. Message
Enable WiFi calling? To allow WiFi calling on this account contact O2.
2. 4 G calls turned off
O2 has turned off 4 G calls on your account.
3. When you join a network, the country where the network connection is made may be sent to your provider and your mobile subscriber identity may be sent to the WiFi operator. The town or city may be sent to the provider for routing short code calls . This can be changed in Settings.

The shop has been unable to activate my WiFi calling. Please advice.

Message 11 of 14

Theobald
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not a fan of digging up old posts, but was this ever resolved please? I ask as I have exactly the same issue. 2 mobile phones in the same household, both on the same account.

One works fine with WiFi calling, whilst the other, as mentioned above states to contact O2 to "allow WiFi calling on this account" when you try to enable it. Like Helena1, I have been onto the 02 website and I can see that WiFi/4G calling is enabled on the phone that it doesn't work on.

I have had several conversations with 02 reps/techs and been into an 02 shop, and all seem to have drawn a blank, but given my issue is exactly the same as Helena1, this looks more an 02 issue as a preference to a phone one? (both phones are iPhones that are capable of supporting WiFi calling).

Thanks in advance (if this post isn't liable to get read because it's old, I'll re-post)

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147169 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Theobald 

If O2 says it is enabled but still not working, ask then to turn it off and back on again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 14

Theobald
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, it worked, well when I managed to get the rep to actually disable and re-enable the service in its entirety instead of trying all other weird and wonderful stuff first.

A handy one to remember for the future ...

Message 14 of 14