Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling not working

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 service here has been out all day so thought I was covered by wifi calling. I know it has worked before at another location. Just tried to make a call and couldn't. My wifi is a good FTTP 1Gbps connection. Checked phone settings and wifi calling has turned itself off and tells me to go to O2 website when try to enable. Website says it's turned on. 

Luckily the person I wanted too call also has an iPhone so FaceTime worked so I know the wifi connection is OK

Disappointed as what's the point if it doesn't work when O2 is down as that seems to be the point.

Pis to show info.

iPhone 12 won't let me enable wifi callingiPhone 12 won't let me enable wifi calling

coveragecoverageWifi Calling onWifi Calling on

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@CraigR 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to turn it back on for you.
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I don't use Zuckerberg's spyware so that's a no go and twitter takes forever. thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@CraigR 

Only other options are calling so you'd need to borrow someone's phone.

Numbers in guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Unless you get lucky hanging around the shop pages for live chat.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Made a burner Facebook account, messaged them and they just directed me to the help pages so no resolution there. Maybe switching to EE who have just installed 5G here will be a better option.

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

I would just call up, as this can be done in 5 minutes over the phone.. 

And just so you know EE's website and Account tools are just as buggy slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Difficult to call when there's no cell service and no sign of it being restored. The most annoying thing is I know it used to work but when I need it to it doesn't.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@CraigR wrote:

Made a burner Facebook account, messaged them and they just directed me to the help pages so no resolution there. Maybe switching to EE who have just installed 5G here will be a better option.

@CraigR 

You need to message back and state it needs to be enabled account side first.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8