Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Pixel 7 Pro

RogerAndersonUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have Pixel 7 Pro. WiFi calling is enabled (and does work) however it appears to only come on if I toggle Airplane mode on and off. It doesn't seem to automatically enable itself when signal is dropped (I just get 'no service')

This is particularly annoying as I get no phone reception in my house and therefore rely on WiFi calling a lot. Not had this issue on my last phone (OnePlus 7).

I posted about this on Google forum and they suggest I connected network operator so I have come here for advice. Anyone seen similar behaviour? Obviously having to toggle Airplane mode isn't really an acceptable long term solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had tried everything before except turning off 2g and 5g. Changed that now and made no difference.

Message 11 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@RogerAndersonUK wrote:

I had tried everything before except turning off 2g and 5g. Changed that now and made no difference.

Sounds like you have hit the buffers, to wit: "If none of the solutions above work for you, take your phone to an authorized service center."

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9004345?hl=en-GB

I cannot think of any other way that is not protracted, given O2's approach to CS.

Message 12 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

unfortunately not that easy. i live Aberdeen so not anywhere close to take it. they quote 7-10 day turnaround if mailed in. would be frustrating to send in for what looks like a software glitch. I'll contact google support and see if i get anywhere. posting on their forum didn't get me anywhere.

Message 13 of 60

pgn
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Yes, and strikes by Royal Mail not helping logistics, @RogerAndersonUK - unfortunately, Google support are not any less likely to fingerpoint than O2. Good luck!

Message 14 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

been on the chat with google support. nothing left on their troubleshooting steps other than a factory reset.  even tried my wifes O2 sim which initially thought worked better but still managed to replicate the fault (no issues with her pixel 4). I'll need to set some time aside for the factory reset as its never that quick to make sure everythings backed up and then recover from that on the other side.

Message 15 of 60

pgn
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Measure twice, cut once, I agree, @RogerAndersonUK. I have a recently-purchased Pixel 6a in an unopened box, to take over from my 2yr old Pixel 4A (without 5G!), when I make time to do precisely what you are doing at present next week😉

Message 16 of 60

Danmaccad
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not working for me on my pixel 7 pro either unless turn airplane mode on and off.  Need WiFi calling for work as no signal there but need to be contactable. Please can o2 work out the issue with Google 

Message 17 of 60

Danmaccad
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Think best way is to try to feedback to Google as well. Hopefully the more of us that do it will bump the issue up their list.  

Best way to do it is 

Send a feedback report

Open your phone's Settings app.

Scroll to the bottom and tap About phone And then Send feedback about this device.

Type your feedback.

To include your system logs, check the "Include system logs" box. These logs help Google when you report a technical issue.

Tap Send . Your message, system information, and email address (if you're signed in) will be sent to Google.

Message 18 of 60

Danmaccad
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Google support suggested clearing phone app cache which seems to have sorted out the issue for me.

Recommend trying this

Message 19 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried the same when on with support. Didn't work. Tried again after your post and cleared both storage and cache this time. Still no joy. 

Message 20 of 60