Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?

BeckyP123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for the super mega long post..... I'm just really quite angry with O2!

I placed an upgrade order Friday night, paid £270 remaining balance to be able to upgrade for the S22 ultra! I got really excited and chose click and collect as it would mean I would get the phone quicker, as supposedly my local store had stock, which was brilliant... wrong! First of all I received an email saying there had been a delay so they wouldn't have my order ready today, that was sent at 23:50 so I assumed it meant Friday still so disregarded it, Saturday came and we still hadn't received update, called the store before setting off, they didn't have it maybe they would by Wednesday. Whilst on the phone I asked what other forms of ID I could bring as I didn't have a passport or drivers license, to be told that simply meant I wasn't allowed to collect. I asked them numerous different options and they declined, saying I simply couldn't have it without a passport or Drivers License and it would sit in the store for a week before returning to the warehouse to be cancelled....

So straight away Saturday I called customer services, they assured me it hadn't been sent out so they could email the fulfilment team and they would cancel it before it was sent, which was brilliant I thought nightmare over. Wrong again!

Sunday morning came I received a text from DHL they had my O2 parcel, great I thought maybe they changed the address to my home address and just shipped it.... nope! Postcode on tracking was the stores, so I called O2 again this time really really angry (but also thanks O2 for weekend customer service) we ran through all the options and couldn't really come to a solution, I said to them could they not contact DHL and have my delivery address changed considering they had only just picked it up, they said that we could absolutely try that and supposedly emailed DHL to change the address. She said unfortunately my delivery date would change from Monday to Tuesday though, I then went on to the parcel tracking and changed the delivery date to Thursday to allow DHL and O2 a little time to hopefully change it. 

So my question is what do we think the likelihood of them changing the address is, I don't even think it's actually possible to be entirely possible? Has anyone else had a similar experience, If I have to wait for it to go back and for them to cancel I do think I may have to close the contract and leave, which is a shame we've had 6 very good years 😭

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's all a bit of a mess isn't it?

I would have serious doubts that they managed to change delivery address

I'll mention the O2 staff on duty in the morning and ask them to check for you

Look for a private message from one of them tomorrow

@O2Sarah-                                        08:00 - 14:00

@O2Ryan                                           09:00 - 15:00

Message 2 of 5

BeckyP123
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! Its a massive mess, genuinely considering leaving if it isn't sorted this week, I get the ID protocol in store I really do, but not being able to accept anything other than passport or drivers license after paying for that account every month for the past 6 years! I myself have serious doubts they can change the address, I reckon it will continue to the store and I'll be stuck waiting, but still have to pay the direct debit on time 🙄

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The problem is that they need to check photo ID at the store

I thought they had changed it to producing the pin number sent to your phone number along with a utility bill or bank statement showing proof of address

Hopefully one of the O2 staff members can help in the morning

Good luck Becky

Message 4 of 5

BeckyP123
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I offered them photo ID in the form of my disability bus pass which I could produce with any other documentation they would like. But apparently only passport or drivers license will do! thank you for your support! I am really hoping we can find a resolution soon 

Message 5 of 5