Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice call problems

eliminator
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iphone 12 Mini, aprox 12 months old, IOS 16.4 / Mint condition , zero damage.

Making or receiving a ordinary voice telephone call. I can hear the other person clear but the receiving end says my voice goes in and out and sounds robotic and completely unintelligible' 

Voice calls are now useless.

I have tested the microphone on the voice recorder app and the microphone works fine, records and plays back clearly ~ so microphone is ok.

Voice calls via another platform such as whatsapp are clear.

I try checking online o2 problems and the only feedback is for data or 5g etc

I completed a system reset ( wish i hadn't ) but problem is exactly the same.....

Tried o2 "live Chat" and after masses of explaining my situation several times received system error and disconnected 4 times !! 

Am stumped and haven't even finished paid for the phone via o2 yet !!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7119 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

If it were me I would call into an O2 Shop with some photo ID and get a replacement SIM to see if that is the issue.

I say shop because at the moment the minute you request a replacement SIM online the cut the old one off and you will be without for a few days

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@eliminator 

You can check for any network issues here O2 Service Status

Guide may also help Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

eliminator
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enlli, thank you for your reply & help......good suggestion. Much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 5

eliminator
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

M15, thank you for your reply & help......I'll give that a try. Much appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5