Did you mean: 

[Video Guide] Extend your ring time

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Our O2 staff member, Ann-Marie is here to show you how to extend the ring time of an incoming call. If you're always caught scrambling about ti find your phone when a call comes in, or you just need extra time to vet it or to get ready to accept it, then this one's for you.

We also have a fantastic Guide:How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile from @jonsie on doing this, if you'd prefer text-based instructions rather than a video guide.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Mart_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, but it still doesn't work, I can't see any way to turn off wifi calling etc, anywhere other than with my phone settings, which I've done. Trying to do anything in the O2 app or My O2 on the web just sends me to view how-to's on changing the settings on the phone, which I've already done. What a mess.

I've wasted too much time trying to fix something that shouldn't be this way anyway, 15s is dangerously short. I wonder how many people have had an accident rushing to the phone to answer it in the stupidly short space of time O2 has inflicted on us? And to add insult to injury, they've broken the only means to fixing their bad choice of ring length.

I should have gone with EE.

Message 11 of 15

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called customer services.

Now stuck here "Your request to deactivate Wifi and 4G Calling is pending"

This is a painful process.

Message 12 of 15

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now I have no network coverage at all.

O2 are rubbish.

Now stuck in automated customer service hell

Message 13 of 15

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Back on with the third different CS operative. I now have no voice mail and my mobile data is currently off and might be for 24 hours.

I just wanted my phone not to go to voice mail so damn quick!

I've wasted HOURS now trying to fix this.

O2, you need to take a serious look at yourselves here.

I'm going to put a note in my calendar for my contract renewal time to remind me to under no circumstance renew with O2

Message 14 of 15

Mart_W
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's now the next day, still no network connection on the phone. Back on to customer service again. If you are self-employed and need your phone to earn your living, do not use O2; the incompetence is astonishing. And even when you do have a network connection, it will be like going back 10 years with 3G levels of speed, not 5G.

Message 15 of 15