Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using pay as you go phone in USA

Peter1954
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a no contract pay-as-you-go mobile and would like to know if it is possible to use it when I go to the USA? If I can, how do I go about it?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Only way I can see, @Peter1954 is to use WhatsApp on your and your caller's or callee's phone (you both need to be using the app), and use it on WiFi only - PAYG will not offer you 4G Calling, now necessary to receive voice calls in the USA, but not offered by many telcos, including O2, to their non-contract customers: USA - Roaming with O2 

You could also buy a local SIzm that gives you enough data for your time there, and share that number with your contacts while you are in the USA. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Only way I can see, @Peter1954 is to use WhatsApp on your and your caller's or callee's phone (you both need to be using the app), and use it on WiFi only - PAYG will not offer you 4G Calling, now necessary to receive voice calls in the USA, but not offered by many telcos, including O2, to their non-contract customers: USA - Roaming with O2 

You could also buy a local SIzm that gives you enough data for your time there, and share that number with your contacts while you are in the USA. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2