Did you mean: 

Unknown/Private number for all incoming calls

Spooderbab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I rejoined O2 earlier this year and after a rather tedious process of having my number ported over (this failed several times and I was left without a working phone during a house move) I now have phone service. However, since the number port was fixed, all incoming calls show as either "Unknown" or "Private number" - Even calls from existing contacts.

I did contact O2 via Facebook chat several times and they suggested this was a known issue affecting multiple users, but they had no fix at that point in time and couldn't provide any kind of incident ID with it being a master incident.

I've thoroughly checked that my phone is configured how it should be, and research has lead me to believe that the caller ID info is something which passes through the carrier and has to be enabled at that end for me to see it, so I think some kind of a reset is needed in order to resolve the issue. I also can't access voice mail as it tells me it doesn't recognise the 901 number.

Please could I get some assistance with this? It has been having a huge impact as far as my safety on the phone and being exposed to spam callers, fraud attempts and other unwanted calls... My Pixel 7 Pro has features to combat these issues such as call screening and spam filtering, though this is rendered useless without caller ID info. The entire situation has left me feeling vulnerable throughout the process of moving house and up to now, any help would be hugely appreciated.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Wayne123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah

Would you please look into the issue for me as well?

Message 11 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12591 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

I'll mention @O2Sarah- so she knows to get in touch @Wayne123 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 26

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thank you @gmarkj 

@Wayne123 I have sent you a private message about this 😊

Message 13 of 26

FMD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- I'm experiencing the same issue since I switched my Sim to an e-Sim. All incoming calls are "Private Numbers". Could you kindly assist with a solution?

Thanks a million!

Message 14 of 26

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @FMD I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 15 of 26

Boothy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this problem now I have had a new sim card samsung galaxy s23 ultra no advisor's could help I know its a problem with my network as contacts display normal on WiFi calls can you look into this for me please?

Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Wayne123 @Boothy @FMD 

One of our members found a fix for this https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Incoming-calls-show-as-Unknown/m-p/1624961/highlight/true#M17119... 

If you turn off your 4g calling option in mobile network options this may solve the problem for you. It has for me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

Boothy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 4g calling option was off as default. I’ve tried both ways but I feel it’s a problem with the network as it does it in 2 phones different makes. Hopefully someone in here could pick this up on Monday @O2Sarah- possibly? Very annoying as no idea who’s calls I miss or if I want to answer. Problem only started with my new SIM card.

Message 18 of 26

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7811 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Turning off 4G Calling can hardly be called a fix. I would call it a botch

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 19 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Turning off 4G Calling can hardly be called a fix. I would call it a botch

Indeed @Enlli ...however it worked for a number of people on the thread I linked to. Which is why I posted it!

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Incoming-calls-show-as-Unknown/m-p/1624961/highlight/true#M17119... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 26