cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Ramona I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 60

AdamR
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, did you get this resolved? I’m a week in to a transfer from ee to o2 and have the exact same issue? Currently waiting on my replacement sim to arrive to try that!

Message 12 of 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147983 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@AdamR 

Try resetting your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 60

AdamR
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @I tried that 3 times and tried sim in two other phone just won’t receive calls. Now swapped sims and still the same so guess I shall have to call o2 again tomorrow

Message 14 of 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147983 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

Sounds like yours is an account issue then @AdamR so unfortunately you will need to call to have account checked.

If you still get stuck, @O2Georgina may be able to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 60

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5  

@AdamR  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 16 of 60

AFraser
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having exactly the same problem since porting my number from Vodafone 3 weeks ago.  Have called Customer Services several time, have tried via Online Chat several times and have even called into an O2 shop, still NOT resolved.  I am always being promised that someone will call me back within 4 hours, still waiting..... I have had a new SIM card, still not resolved problem.  I asked to speak with a Manager on Friday 25th, was promised someone would call me back within 24-48 hours, still waiting now over 72 hours !!! I have also lodged an official complaint, but no response yet.  I also called into a Vodafone shop and they washed their hands of the problem saying it was an O2 problem, not theirs.  Also suggested that I just forget my original number and just get a new number, but they didn't seem keen to do this ??  I am at my wits end, don't really know what to do now except forget O2 and go with another network without my original number.  Is there anyone on here that can Help?????   @O2Georgina  Can you?

Message 17 of 60

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12474 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Not sure when Georgina will next be working @AFraser so I'll mention @O2Sarah- who is working this morning.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 60

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@AFraser I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 19 of 60

Ricardo48
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my husband having same issue. Since changing from EE can only receive calls and texts from people on O2. Three calls later with customer service and no further forward! Went in to o2 shop and they tried new sim but still same problems! We desperately need help! 

Message 20 of 60