Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Not Working On Replacement SIM Card

Capvermell
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently had my Oppo A54 5G phone stolen along with its O2 SIM card so had to get a replacement SIM card the next day at the O2 shop in Bournemouth.

The adviser in the shop seemed bright and to know what he was doing and only took five minutes to give me a new SIM card on the same account and mobile number after showing him my driving licence and a bank card.  However since then on my current temporary Moto E5 Play phone replacement (I didn't want to have to buy another expensive phone in a hurry) running Android 8.1 every single call comes up as "Unknown".

I called O2 a few weeks ago more than once and suggested that my account needed some kind of reset process to get the incoming CLI to show up on the Moto E5 Play phone.  They claimed to have done something and to allow 24 hours for the caller identity to start showing up again but of course nothing happened to fix the problem. Also when my issues with repeated lack of data services in busy seaside towns in the middle of the day were escalated from the CRT to the CCMT teams once again they did not call me back about the issue either in the promised 5 working days or indeed at all.  Not calling back as promise seems to be the preferred Modus Operandi of O2's Capita run call centres.

O2 phone advisers also suggested I needed to be sent a "4G SIM Card" to fix the problem as I was now running a five year old 4G temporary replacement Android phone and not my previous 5G phone.  I told them this was rubbish and that a 5G SIM card should have no trouble supporting a 4G phone and only an old 4G SIM card would not be able to support 5G on a 5G phone.

This week I was back in Bournemouth again and on Monday went to the O2 shop where there was as usual a long queue and none of the only Yoof type advisers on duty seemed interested in fixing my problem as it didn't involve a sale commission on a new 36 month contract.

The next morning I went back and the very helpful and experienced Liam in his 40s, who was proper store manager, was there.  He knew exactly what the problem was and replaced my SIM card again not missing a crucial step to link the new SIM fully with my account (as the previous adviser clearly did in terms of porting over the CLI record) and within 10 minutes of leaving the store my CLI was working again.

I do however find it very worrying that none of several O2 phone support advisers in South Africa and the UK were capable of fixing the problem and that the problem could only be fixed by physically returning to an O2 store.  I also find it very worrying that the waiting time to see an adviser generally is so long in most O2 high street stores as their focus always seems to be on long and complicated sales pitches rather than on customer support of existing customers with simple technical problems.....

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Capvermell 

There is a new bodge to fix this issue.

O2 need to add a cli bolt on to your account.

Call again and insist it is added in case your issue happens again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Capvermell 

There is a new bodge to fix this issue.

O2 need to add a cli bolt on to your account.

Call again and insist it is added in case your issue happens again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2