Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership not actioned.

TJB62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've been having great difficulty with a transfer of ownership from myself to my ex-partner.

Following O2 guidance, on Monday,  took out a contract at the local O2 store and got a SIM with a temporary number. We then phoned O2 together. Over the course of a very long call we spoke to several people.  Eventually we were assured that we had suppied all the information necessary for the transfer to take place and that  security checks were passed. My ex-partner was advised that porting the number from the old SIM to the new might take a day or two,  and that once it did she her phone would lose service and that she should install the new SIM, restart the phone and save the ported-in number in settings.

After the call the existing SIM stopped working very quickly. We put in the new SIM, but the number had not ported. We tried re-inserting the old SIM but unsurpisingly this remained inactive. We put the new SIM back.

As of Wednesday afternoon the number had still not ported, so my partner returned to the O2 Store for help. They said they couldn't help, and that she should phone O2 support instead. She eventually got through to an advisor, but got cut off mid-call. She called again and was informed that they coudn't help her and that I would have to phone.

I called early this morning. In the course of a fifty minute call I was told that it was a back office issue, that it had been escalated to management and that I would definitely be called back before 5pm with an 'action plan'.

I have not been called back and am unsure what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.

It might be worth mentioning that we were never asked to setup a password (as per the guidance on this message board) , perhaps because we were both present when the transfer was initiated. One representative mentioned they were having trouble with 'legacy systems', but said that they had got around it.

TIA Tim

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@TJB62 

You'll have to persevere with O2 unfortunately as nothing can be done regarding accounts on here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@TJB62 

You'll have to persevere with O2 unfortunately as nothing can be done regarding accounts on here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

TJB62
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Understood, thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 8

aimissuperbad
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this get resolved in the end? After numberous calls with O2, my transfer of ownership has still not been completed It has been exactly 3 weeks today that we innitially made the request and also have problems with getting cut off mid-call and never get a call back from O2 about this. Only one advisor I have spoke to has been helpful, but despite her escalating for us 2 to 3 times now, the transfer has not been done and the old sim remains inactive...

Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
  • 5731 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@aimissuperbad 

If that question is aimed at @TJB62, you will have to tag it thus !  

This might help :-

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 5 of 8

TJB62
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, It took several more days and many more hours on the phone to O2, but it was done in the end. Apparently O2 runs on two separate platforms: 360 (AKA hubris) and Legacy (AKA regret). These platforms have separate support teams, who, despite working for a telecommunications company, find it very difficult to talk to each other.

If a transfer of ownership requires a number to cross over from one system to the other, there is a risk that the number will disappear en route. Ours did. But one morning we were told that, the automatic transfer having definitively failed, the number was going to be manually 'kicked' across. Later that day the number started working, so presumably the kicker did their job. Good luck!

Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5731 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@aimissuperbad 

You have a reply from @TJB62 ! 👍

Message 7 of 8

Dapple
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this @TJB62 
I have been on the phone to them almost daily but still no luck despite it being almost a month. Will keep on pressuring them!

Message 8 of 8