Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership

phonek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long does it take for a 'transfer of ownership' (aka number migration) to be completed? 

O2 forums: FAQs (guide links) / Start guides / Guidelines / Volt+roaming info / Guide: eSim iPhone-iPhone (legacy users) / WARNING: FaceTime/iMessage setup conflict.

macOS: MBP 16" 2021 M1 Max/8TB/64GB RAM Studio 2023 M2 Max 12c+38g+16n/2TB/96GB RAM.
iOS: iPhone 15 Pro Max blk/1TB iPad Mini 6 grey/5G/256GB iPad Pro 12.9" (2020) grey/4G/256GB.
other: Apple Watch Ultra 2 5G Apple TV (4th gen) 64GB [x2] Apple Studio Display vesa [x2].
Yes, Apple's vertical integration I like; but no fanboi, critical eyes kept firmly open.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@phonek 

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

In theory it should be instant but so many system issues just lately so not safe to guess.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

phonek
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thanks for the link. I'm going from a legacy O2 ac to a new 360 O2 ac, and it's taking forever (like: ordered Fri PM, likely not moved until Tue sometime!). So I'm left with my main number not working for 3-4 days. 

How does one get our final O2 bill for the previous ac, given its login will be unavailable after number moved to new ac? 

O2 forums: FAQs (guide links) / Start guides / Guidelines / Volt+roaming info / Guide: eSim iPhone-iPhone (legacy users) / WARNING: FaceTime/iMessage setup conflict.

macOS: MBP 16" 2021 M1 Max/8TB/64GB RAM Studio 2023 M2 Max 12c+38g+16n/2TB/96GB RAM.
iOS: iPhone 15 Pro Max blk/1TB iPad Mini 6 grey/5G/256GB iPad Pro 12.9" (2020) grey/4G/256GB.
other: Apple Watch Ultra 2 5G Apple TV (4th gen) 64GB [x2] Apple Studio Display vesa [x2].
Yes, Apple's vertical integration I like; but no fanboi, critical eyes kept firmly open.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@phonek 

Again, in theory, you should be able to use the web portal https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

If not, you'll need to call payment management.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

phonek
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@phonek 

Again, in theory, you should be able to use the web portal https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

Nope, afraid not. At least for legacy users (rather than newer 360 users), the old account login shuts-down on the day the number is migrated (aka 'transfer of ownership') is completed. 

AFAIK the only way to get your final bill (typically a credit rather than debit), is to phone O2, wait the 30-60mins for them to answer, then they may send it to you (email/post). 

Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38465 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

I didn't think a new subscriber could choose which of the billing systems, legacy or 360, in which their new account would be be set up, @phonek - and number ports to O2 have been taking an inordinate amount of time, for some, for an awfully long time (as a search of the forum will reveal).

Also if you use the way O2's t&cs demand you use for payments, ie, direct debit, then refund of final payment happens automatically. If you choose to switch from DD to card or manual payment, all bets are off on your refund without...

1000014277.gif

A lot of O2 makes little logical sense these days, from the customer perspective. Alas. Good luck with the number port and the refund (the juice is rarely worth the squeeze, these days).

Message 6 of 10

phonek
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I didn't think a new subscriber could choose which of the billing systems, legacy or 360, in which their new account would be be set up, @phonek 

Sorry, but you've misunderstood. We're talking about an old user ac on legacy system (the user has moved to a new user ac on 360; like all new ac's would be on), trying to get a copy of their final bill (PDF via email or paper via post). 

@pgn wrote:

Also if you use the way O2's t&cs demand you use for payments, ie, direct debit, then refund of final payment happens automatically. If you choose to switch from DD to card or manual payment, all bets are off on your refund without...

Yes, we know the refund will be done automatically back via DD, again I didn't say we asked for some special method. It's the bill itself we're talking about. 

@pgn wrote:

number ports to O2 have been taking an inordinate amount of time, for some, for an awfully long time (as a search of the forum will reveal).

A lot of O2 makes little logical sense these days, from the customer perspective. Alas. Good luck with the number port and the refund (the juice is rarely worth the squeeze, these days).

Yep, number ports are taking too long, being non-contactable by phone on your main number from Friday until late Tuesday isn't very good. 

Message 7 of 10

pgn
  • 38465 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Ah, ok, @phonek - the legacy/360 portion is clearer now.  If it's any use, I was moved from legacy to 360 in October 2023 - and I still cannot see any of the bills, or contract documents, that I could see prior to that - the legacy system had everything there, including a very useful payment history section that went back yonks.  All gone with 360, and I assumed, by now, the back-filling of older documents going back 24 months, would follow - no such luck:

pgn_0-1709396373426.png

All you can do, and I have used this method with some degree of success in the last 18months, is reach out to O2 via Social media (link below has the ways) and keep pinging them every few hours until you get a response and the offer to move your query to a private or direct message - they usually ask what months' bill or bills you want and send them out via e-mail directly.  The t&cs say that they can charge for this service, but on the occasions I have had to avail of having paper copy bills sent out or electronis versions e-mailed, there has never been a charge (and I have been with O2 since the Cellnet days, only their signal reaches into the nook between 2 hills where I live...)

Message 8 of 10

phonek
  • 35 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn 

re. bills / payments - I download each PDF bill at the end of the month, and have a simple O2 payments spreadsheet to track all in/out payments from them. I typically do this for most of my incomings & outgoings, as that keeps the info under my control, rather than leaving things that can and often are removed by companies on their online systems.

But yes, the convenience of quickly checking things using their systems is annoying isn't it, when they remove stuff. 

On another issue, you're clearly knowledgeable here on all things O2, so maybe you can confirm points C to G on the thread below, that I was finding difficult to understand even after reading the guides: wink

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/Understanding-Volt-bolt-ons-better/m-p/1697776#M1904

Message 9 of 10

pgn
  • 38465 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions