Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

rfinch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have just joined o2 after checking coverage in my area and having it confirmed in a chat session that the signal would be good. Upon getting the data sim I noticed that the signal was a bit unstable and going from 8 mbs to 22 mbs. On further investigation it was noted that the o2 web site was confirming there was a problem in my area. This problem according to the o2 web site has now been resolved. However ever since the website reported the issue resolved my connection has got considerably worse and even dropping altogether. With the connection  now only returning a maximum of 2-6 mbs. The SIM card has been tested in two different router with the same result. I have even gone to the trouble of acquiring an o2 pay as you go sim for a phone and only now see 1 bar. I did also request information on the correct mast to point a external antenna to and was told you would not disclose this information. Sadly I was under the impression that once the published fault was fixed I would see things stable towards the 17mbs   Not become unusable   
and drop completely. If I could council this contract I would but foolishly waiting for the fix I am now I Believe  on my 14th day. So paying £36.00 per month for nothing that is at all usable.  Not a good advert for o2. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@rfinch As you're just at the 14 day mark, you can file a complaint which may or may not be successful in getting you out of the contract: How to Complain | Help | O2

You can also use Resolver, which is independent and apparently gets good results: 

Resolver - Free online tool for complaints and claims | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@rfinch 

Strangely O2 publish mast locations that, I assume, live chat told you that you couldn't have!

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

And as you've probably guessed, they only looked up the coverage checker themselves to tell you about your signal, I mean, how could they know from personal experience, which is the only way to know accurately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@rfinch As you're just at the 14 day mark, you can file a complaint which may or may not be successful in getting you out of the contract: How to Complain | Help | O2

You can also use Resolver, which is independent and apparently gets good results: 

Resolver - Free online tool for complaints and claims | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3