Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phone off on port day

Richard0345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive been sent a text to my old phone on the Vodafone network, telling me to switch my phone off on the day my number is ported to my new phone on the 02 network - which phone am I switching off?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Richard0345 

No need to switch either off.

Once your Voda sim loses connection you just need to reboot your O2 sim every hour or so until you get a network connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Richard0345 

No need to switch either off.

Once your Voda sim loses connection you just need to reboot your O2 sim every hour or so until you get a network connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Richard0345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! As the new phone already has a number (and therefore has a network connection alteady) how will I know when the number has ported?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

It will lose connection too before the port finishes @Richard0345 

You can then call your own number from another phone when the connection returns to confirm it's all changed over.

The key is to keep rebooting.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4