Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up IMEI not recognised

Joshk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anybody understand why my phone pixel 7a I recently switched up from a iPhone 14 pro max as found far to heavy so went back to a android phone should of just went for the 7pro at the time as now finding 7a screen to narrow and keyboard hard to type (big hands ) so returned to store I got 7a from to exchange for the 7 pro this was ordered as no stock day I went back I was contacted couple days later it's arrived and to pop back yet when ever they try to scan the imei barcode (*#06#) it just comes up device not recognised so there not able to complete the switch up !! They said they would need to email a department to get it sorted yet still not working after I called into a different store today just to try and haven't heard from the original store the phone came from yet as well and online chat is as helpfull as a chocolate tea pot 🤔

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also spoke to CS on 202 and they verified device and IMEI match for my current device and couldn't offers any further help as she claimed there systems are different to a store system and nothing she can do and suggested waiting for the store to get an update/resolution although when I called the store this morning to ask if they had any update yet as it's been 4 days since they raised a ticket still they haven't even had a reply and said they would chase them again today so looks like it's a waiting game nothing O2 seems to do is of any priority or they have no idea themselves, surely it's down to the new device not been added to there system can't think what else as I've done the hard work and eliminated the obvious external possibilitys so it's O2 nobody else 🙄🤔

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

It does appear to be a waiting game unfortunately @Joshk 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After returning to the store on Friday the 7a finally was recognized and could switch up to 7 pro still none the wiser to what issue actually was , maybe system slow in updating IMEI although this time she didn't scan barcode found by dialing *#06# just the one on the box (we had tried that one previously) and came up pixel 7a straight away so my understanding it was just a case of new device  released and wasn't on database yet , oh well sorted now 👍 

Message 13 of 13