Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up IMEI not recognised

Joshk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anybody understand why my phone pixel 7a I recently switched up from a iPhone 14 pro max as found far to heavy so went back to a android phone should of just went for the 7pro at the time as now finding 7a screen to narrow and keyboard hard to type (big hands ) so returned to store I got 7a from to exchange for the 7 pro this was ordered as no stock day I went back I was contacted couple days later it's arrived and to pop back yet when ever they try to scan the imei barcode (*#06#) it just comes up device not recognised so there not able to complete the switch up !! They said they would need to email a department to get it sorted yet still not working after I called into a different store today just to try and haven't heard from the original store the phone came from yet as well and online chat is as helpfull as a chocolate tea pot 🤔

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Joshk 

Have they tried both IMEI numbers?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes both via *#06# and one on the box still not recognised yet it's all correct and matches on account yet the system says device not recognised, just stupid 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Joshk 

Does this site recognise your device?

https://www.checkmend.com/uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Checkmend didnt find any details did bring upake model but I'd inputted that anyway ? 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

It should be found automatically @Joshk 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20230524-092814~2.png

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Looks like the database is not updated yet.

Might be worth chatting with Google @Joshk 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Joshk
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got off live chat with Google support and providing the imei numbers there data base can identify the device ok so I don't think that's preventing anything, 😔

Screenshot_20230524-112713.png

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

I guess it's the external databases that haven't caught up.

At least Google confirms all is OK from a device POV.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13