Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap major failure

stay_or_go
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 i am really hoping you can help me here. I joined O2 from Vodafone and requested a sim swap on or around 10th January and am still waiting for something to click in to gear. Several members of staff over the phone have continued to fail to help and raise it to a “back end” team who deal with the porting and each time I’ve contacted im told someone will contact me (by email) but have not had any response. I can make outbound calls and the number I transferred is appearing as the number on the receiving phone - happy days. However, I cannot receive any calls or text messages on the same number and it continues to go to Vodafone voicemail. The number which came with the o2 SIM card also doesn’t come through as it is most likely binned off already so I am quite stuck that I can’t receive anything from anyone which is a bit of a nightmare whilst job hunting 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I think that it is good that you have mentioned it now @stay_or_go👍 

Message 11 of 13

stay_or_go
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still haven’t had any resolution from o2 despite Vodafone confirming on couple occasions that everything is resolved and o2 remaining adamant of the same.  Am only receiving incoming calls from all networks (inconsistently) and nothing is able to be received by Vodafone numbers. Raised a complaint about 30-40 days ago and not even had a response from the complaints team except saying they will respond in 7 days (*scoffs*). 

this company proves to be more of a shambles than Vodafone or they are on a equal par and I continue to get charged for the alleged services I’m receiving. 

any advice from anyone would be appreciated but I have been 20 days sober now and I feel more isolated than when I was in active addiction. O2, shall I load the gun for you or do you have your own bullets? 

Message 12 of 13

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@stay_or_go 

If you have an open complaint with O2, it is unlikely that any other O2 team will engage with you pending resolution of that complaint. 

We understand that it is taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and make a material response to complaints. 👍   

Message 13 of 13