Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card will not work

rich2fisher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday my phone stopped receiving any texts or data unless connected to the internet. I got the sim card replaced today and the new sim still does not work. I tried calling but they said that my account was restricted because i owed them payment, even though i payed off my monthy plan as always.

Please could anyone assist? I wrote this while waiting for the 02 customer service to transfer me to someone who wasn't a robot.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@rich2fisher 

The problem is that mobile 'phone company customer service is indifferent in the UK.

Hence, if you change network, the next time you have an issue, you are likely to encounter precisely the same level of service. 

If you want to avoid issues like this completely, you would need to not bother having a mobile ! 

Good luck.  

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6657 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Best speak to Payment Management is you get no further

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217. 

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@rich2fisher 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

rich2fisher
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You're wrong. i finally got through to the tech support team and they identified there was a bar against my 02 account, for no clear reason. they said that they will get it fixed after putting me on hold. it has now been 45 minutes later and i'm still on hold.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Fascinating. I'm sure it was you who was given wrong information wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

rich2fisher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: it has been 30 minutes and i'm still unable to get through. Since 02 will not respond i can only take it on their words that they have removed all features from my account unless i pay my full balance early, which is extortion.

I will be removing all aspect of 02 from my life tomorrow, any one reading this i recommend to do the same. I'm genuinely disgusted and appalled by the "service" i have recieved from them and i expected better then the typical bots like MI5 to defend them for it.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

You seem confused but as you're wanting to leave you can read these guides. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

You'll still need to pay in full what you owe and I guess that'll be my fault too?

Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@rich2fisher 

The problem is that mobile 'phone company customer service is indifferent in the UK.

Hence, if you change network, the next time you have an issue, you are likely to encounter precisely the same level of service. 

If you want to avoid issues like this completely, you would need to not bother having a mobile ! 

Good luck.  

Message 8 of 8