Did you mean: 

Samsung s10 - pattern lock not working

kylie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I've recently been given my partners old Samsung S10 - transferred all across and set up a pattern passcode - i've not finishing setting it up, but got what i needed so far. I've turned it on this evening and the pattern lock is not recognized ( simple lock for the time being as i wasn't using it straight away as I was awaiting a phone case and screen protector. 

I am now unable to switch off the phone to do a hard reset as it requires a password to turn off. I can get it to reset but an error message pops up once loaded saying something like -  PDP back up wizard failed [finish] if that helps, as  I am now stuck with this. please can someone assist me asap. As i was due to sell my old phone this weekend. 

many thanks 

Kylie 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@kylie123 Might be best for you to contact Samsung support: Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@kylie123 

The password it's asking for is the one you set up when you set up the pattern.

It should have asked you for a pin or password at the same time.

You can also keep trying any pattern for between 10 to 20 times and it should give you the option yo unlock with your Google account details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I know its the pattern I set it up with... that's the pattern it won't except, I have entered that pattern in multiple times and it will not give me any options to log in any other way.  It has now somehow turned to airplane mode too.   

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@kylie123 Might be best for you to contact Samsung support: Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@kylie123 

More options here https://unlockjournal.com/samsung-galaxy-s10/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6