Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

KRoo-er68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there. 
im about to travel to Thailand for work for 6 weeks. What’s the best / cheapest way to use my phone over there without incurring huge bill please. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@KRoo-er68 

Buy a local Thai sim card for Data, and turn off your o2 sim for data, and just keep it on for Calls and SMS.. alternatively get your employer to provide a phone..

Otherwise it will be £6 per day to us the phone, assuming you are on Pay Monthly.  

madasaf1sh_0-1717332709406.png

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad  or Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

@KRoo-er68 

A local Thai sim.

If you must use your own phone, use WhatsApp over wifi where possible.

✔ You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.

Charges here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@KRoo-er68 

Buy a local Thai sim card for Data, and turn off your o2 sim for data, and just keep it on for Calls and SMS.. alternatively get your employer to provide a phone..

Otherwise it will be £6 per day to us the phone, assuming you are on Pay Monthly.  

madasaf1sh_0-1717332709406.png

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad  or Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

KRoo-er68
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great thank you 

Message 4 of 6

KRoo-er68
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your advice. Helpful

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149914 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28555 Solutions

lol

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6