cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Issue - Can't send photos from newly ported number - Live chat no help whatsoever!

Fulton1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ported my number over to O2 from Three last week & I have activated my number for use with RCS on google messages, all chat features work except being able to send photos. I cant send photos at all without 'Not sent, tap for options' coming up, I've spent days on live chat with them telling me to do things Ive already done like

• increase my spending cap

• restart my phone

• force stop carrier services/messages app and clear cache/data.

Now suddenly they're telling me that its because its not a Samsung phone and that only Samsung phones work with RCS on O2 which i believe to be totally ridiculous and untrue (I will be astounded if this actually is somehow true).

Can anyone help/advise or will I need to cancel my contract and go back to Three?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I would be careful sending pictures via RCS @Fulton1 in case there is an issue and your SMS app needs to convert to a normal SMS message and you get charged.

WhatsApp and Messenger are better alternatives as they still use your data and there is no possibility of incurring additional charges unless you are abroad or travelling via ferry or plane.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 35

Fulton1
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I always (or at least used to be able to) make sure it sent as a chat. I have a low spending cap so I wouldn't be charged loads.

Message 3 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

RCS is set up on my Oppo Find X3 Pro, so it is not JUST Samsungs that it works on @Fulton1 

Have you got the correct number set up on your phone (settings, mobile data, then SIM number)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 35

Fulton1
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again, yeah it's changed on there- like I said all chat features work with the exception of sending images. @gmarkj 

Message 5 of 35

Fulton1
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am just back from the O2 store where they performed a SIM swap and it still doesn't work @gmarkj 

Message 6 of 35

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Fulton1 

What phone do you have? 

As this is a know Android Bug (its been open since mid 2021), so it might be worth trying to check on support.google.com and some of the suggestions are to clear the cache, turning HDR off, and changing the size limits. 

I would also log a bug report, and also let your device OEM know, as they might have some other ideas as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 35

Fulton1
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there I have a OnePlus 8T, RCS was working flawlessly last week when I was with Three so I know it's not bug related, I've did every step you've just mentioned to no avail. @madasaf1sh 

Message 8 of 35

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Fulton1 

In that case speak to OnePlus as they have a history of screwing support for o2.. 😞  As RCS is carrier independent 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 35

Fulton1
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spoken to oneplus and they've advised because it still doesnt work when i put my sim in different phones (both Samsung and Xiaomi) that its 100% not an OP issue and is definitely a carrier issue.

The gentleman in the o2 store was stumped and had never seen the issue before, he had only saw RCS either not working or working fully, never with 90% of the features working and 1 critical feature not working.

Im honestly at my wits end and dont know what to do about this.

@madasaf1sh @gmarkj 

Message 10 of 35