Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting from Virgin to O2

helent
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have been trying to get my number ported since 26th Jan.  The number has partially ported I can make outbound calls on my new O2 sim and my old number shows up perfect problem is If someone calls me they go to old Virgin sim.  Texts are all on old sim.  Spoken to O2 everyday and still no help.  On the phone for 35 minutes now and still in a queue.  How do I get this resolved.  having to have both phones on me all the time

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 5

Marlena23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @helent 

I’m in the same boat!! I’ve signed up to O2 from Virgin and I now have a "split port number”. I can’t receive any calls nor text messages in my O2 SIM. My old Virgin sim’s still working and my calls and SMS are going there - both sims have the same number. I have called O2 customer services every day and they don’t help just keep saying they will email the “port department and they should get back to me”. Nobody has contacted me. It’s been very frustrating and annoying to keep switching between two SIM cards and in the meantime paying for two services and none of them working properly. Let me know if you find a solution. This is extremely frustrating. 

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7158 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@Marlena23As you are getting nowhere with CS  I'll tag an advisor. She will be on duty Monday morning

Keep an eye out for a message

@O2Sarah- Can you help please?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@Marlena23 I will send you a private message so we can check your account 😊

Message 5 of 5