Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problems

JeremyOH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to port my number from a Vodafone business account (leaving company) to a new personal O2 account.  My SIM arrived last weekend but I was away so didn’t install until 17:00 Monday.  I tried to go through the text porting request process but missed the request for SIM serial number so it timed out.  Wouldn’t let me do another on the same day, so I called customer services.

Very helpful lady processed the request, saying the system actually said it would happen Tues 21st but this surprised her so might be Weds by 18:00.  Nothing happened on Weds so at 18:00 I called again.  Again helpful person checked and found the PAC code was still ‘open’ so concluded request hadn’t gone through.  Repeated the process and told me it would happen by 18:00 Friday.  

On both calls I would get 2 texts - one to confirm the booking of a porting request and one on the day as a reminder.  I have received no text on either occasion.  I have called O2 again this morning and sure enough the request seemed to be ‘stuck’.  The system seemed to be showing it for 27th, but there were some ‘inconsistent details’.  Today’s helpful operator believes he has sorted this out and promised me it will go ahead on 27th (a week after 1st request) but as yet I’ve had no confirmation text.

I leave work on 31st and will lost my number at that point - can’t afford that to happen.  I’m reaching out for any help here, and mention @O2Lisa @O2Georgina and @O2Sarah in case you can provide some help in the background.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@JeremyOH 

It's @O2Sarah- on this morning.

I've tagged her to your post and hopefully she'll be able to help. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@JeremyOH 

It's @O2Sarah- on this morning.

I've tagged her to your post and hopefully she'll be able to help. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

JeremyOH
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant - thank you @Cleoriff 

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

You're very welcome @JeremyOH 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@JeremyOH I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- . Keeping you busy this morning. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Was @O2Sarah- able to help you out @JeremyOH?

Message 7 of 11

JeremyOH
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Breanna. Sarah’s on the case but it is not sorted yet - a week on from my first port request. I messaged Sarah for an update a couple of hours ago

Message 8 of 11

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for updating here. @O2Sarah- is on til 2:00 so do be sure to message back if you've got any from them. Hopefully it'll go through today🤞

Message 9 of 11

JeremyOH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Breanna. Looks to all be sorted. Thank you for checking this morning and thanks to @O2Sarah for sorting out for me

Message 10 of 11