Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in while abroad - cannot stop process

littlemeow
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello. I foolishly requested my Vodafone and Lycamobile numbers to be ported in on Friday. I forgot weekends are not active days for number ports. Problem is, I will be abroad (EU) from Monday. I am panicking that the numbers to port will be stuck in limbo as my o2 sims will not be connected to the o2 network in the UK. I requested o2 to cancel the process and "it failed security?" (whatever that means).

Anyone has any experience with this? I saw some people managed by activating wifi calling and using a VPN. To top it all off, my o2 temporary numbers are eSIMs.

If, god forbid, the numbers are stuck in limbo, what are the next steps?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

littlemeow
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So just an update on this. Both numbers ported to o2 without any hiccups. Tbh I'm surprised. Landed abroad around 11am, texted NUMBER to 2020 from each eSIM (they were eSIMs no less!) and each of them had their new number. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@littlemeow 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

littlemeow
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I contacted them over chat. They don't seem to have any idea. I messaged them on Twitter. Let's see what happens :S

Message 3 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@littlemeow 

If you don't get a reply over Twitter, you'll need to remind them. Some community members have suggested that two or three reminders might be needed before you will get a reply. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 4 of 7

littlemeow
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So just an update on this. Both numbers ported to o2 without any hiccups. Tbh I'm surprised. Landed abroad around 11am, texted NUMBER to 2020 from each eSIM (they were eSIMs no less!) and each of them had their new number. 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

It seems now to work for customers on 360 @littlemeow 

You're the second customer to confirm this when abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@littlemeow 

Thanks for the update and glad you are sorted. 👍

Message 7 of 7