Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor or no service in my area

stonelane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have gone through all the "help" on the website my area supposedly has good indoor and outdoor signal at 4g level but unless I'm on wifi calling I can't make or receive calls. Usually only have one or no bars inside or out.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11391 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@stonelane 

The coverage maps are computer generated and are based on perfect lab conditions with nothing that can get in way of radio waves.. 

The only option is to check https://status.o2.co.uk and these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

o2 are quit clear as all networks are that they don't guarantee coverage or a fault free network and this is all in the T&C's you read and agreed to.. 

If coverage is that bad in your area then your only option really is to pay off your contract and move to another network after testing then other networks with PAYG sims..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

I'm presently camped up in an area the map says there should be good 4G. I can only get H+ and it has been that way for the past 3 years.

Don't know what happens when the dump 3G.

Thankfully, I changed my data network away from O2 and presently running on Three, but EE or Vodafone are equally as good

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11391 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@Enlli 

Vodafone users will tell you exactly what will happen... the old magic "E" reappears slight_smile lets all go back to the year 2000 and Edge lol

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 10

Charlie222
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am exactly the same, Signal is horrendous, i have no idea what is going on as O2 use to the best! 

Message 5 of 10

Enlli
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

@Charlie222 Often come bottom these days.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

Enlli
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Enlli 

Vodafone users will tell you exactly what will happen... the old magic "E" reappears slight_smile lets all go back to the year 2000 and Edge lol

I've had that already, three times in fact, with O2

Message 7 of 10

Blacklisted1
  • 24 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@ Stonelane

@Charlie222 

You can raise this issue with o2 and as long as you state the times of poor network coverage and repeated instances, they will eventually allow you out of your contract and if you push it and even go to ombudsman you may get all your money back. 

You should insist that on each call a clear note is made on the kana system for referral on your next call.

They will fill out a " no network coverage" form and send to back office

I should day it is a long irritating process but if you file the complaint and keep track on resolver website it should be resolved. 

Good luck!

Message 8 of 10

Signal5
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here absolut terrible..they charge for service u cant use!!!

Message 9 of 10

Enlli
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Service is not a guaranteed thing.

See the terms and conditions to which you signed up.

Alway physically check reception where you are using PAYG SIM cards or at least enquiring of others locally 

Message 10 of 10