Did you mean: 

Poor 4g speeds

DH3070
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have been on O2 customer through the renewal of my Virgin account a year ago. I use my phone mainly when working from home and have wifi calling which works OK. If i use my phone away from the wifi although i have full signal and 4G i am getting download speeds of 1-2MB and upload speeds (when checked) just show as faulty as the signal speed is so low. Its getting to the point where i cant use my phone when i am away from home. 

Today i did a speed check and got 0.8MB on 4G; my wife who is on EE in the same location got 4G and 15MB - literally side by side with our phones. This isn't a one-off it happens pretty much everywhere? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38490 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Hi @DH3070 - a number of things could be playing into this, some fixes in here usually help: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

If your area has a high density of O2 Customers, you may be experiencing "oversubscription" - use the app from O2 called My Network and set it up to watch your commonly-visited places, it will keep you and O2 in the look on work or issues affecting service: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Do come back here if you find issue that you cannot address, @DH3070 - someone will be able to help. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38490 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Hi @DH3070 - a number of things could be playing into this, some fixes in here usually help: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

If your area has a high density of O2 Customers, you may be experiencing "oversubscription" - use the app from O2 called My Network and set it up to watch your commonly-visited places, it will keep you and O2 in the look on work or issues affecting service: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Do come back here if you find issue that you cannot address, @DH3070 - someone will be able to help. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149521 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@DH3070 

Standard for O2 unfortunately.

Drop down to 3g as it may be faster.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3