Did you mean: 

Pixel 3a: no WiFi 4G calling option

CFro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm using a Pixel 3a and I recently switched to O2 from Three and have been having no end of problems. I never seem to have signal at home or work so I've been missing calls and texts. I always have the empty signal bar with the exclamation mark through it. I thought I should set up WiFi and 4G calling, however none of the instructions on the O2 webpage are for the Pixel 3a. Following the Pixel 3 or 3XL instructions don't display the same settings options to turn on Wifi calling.

Is the Pixel 3a capable of support Wifi and 4G calling on O2? (I had these features when on Three)

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@CFro 

You need to call O2 to ask them to enable wifi calling on your account first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@CFro 

You need to call O2 to ask them to enable wifi calling on your account first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @CFro were you able to get wifi calling set uP?

Message 3 of 7

CFro
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not yet, can't get through to anyone at O2. The phone support has kept me in a queue forever and there are no available online chat agents. Pretty terrible switching experience so far. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@CFro 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

CFro
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The solution was to call O2, ask them to activate WiFi and 4G calling.
Once this was showing as activate in My O2, I noticed I had no signal again (signal bar had exclamation mark through it) so I had to do Settings -> System -> Reset Options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. After that the signal returned and my phone status showed I was on WiFi and 4G calling.

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36062 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

And on this topic (as a solution has been accepted), the 4G Calling feature needed in the USA from 01-Jan-2023 is all well and good, but the relevant O2 Support page says:

Ref: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/travelling-to-the-usa

Supported phone models list shows:

4G Calling Device List - Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 3a

pgn_0-1675622814768.png

I asked about this on this post@Breanna - and @MI5's answer holds true - but any update from O2 on the out-of-date pages and a likely update to them? 

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7