Did you mean: 

Physical SIM to eSIM failed

RandAlThor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, guys and girls,

I have the following issue. I requested an eSIM (for an existing physical SIM) on Saturday, but 2h after the request the eSIM activation apparently failed as I got a notification on the iPhone. Now neither the eSIM nor the physical SIM is working.

I've been to two different stores, but because the order for "Deactivation, SIM Swap" is still "processing", the O2 system wouldn't allow them to generate a new eSIM or physical SIM as the number is marked as "Reserved". The issue has been escalated to the backend technical team, but I am seeing a lot of messages that they are not very proactive.

I've also spoken to a number of Customer Service Agents via the phone who have been extremely unhelpful repeating "we are sorry for this", but not actually offering a solution, but waiting, so I've escalated this as a complaint. In addition, I am also chasing O2 on Twitter.

While I understand that there are unforeseen tech issues, it is really unfathomable that nothing can be done and nobody can simply cancel the order to request a new eSIM or physical SIM. I am getting stressed as this number is linked to a number of 2FA and I will also be travelling outside the UK for a prolonged period of time from Friday.

Any idea, how to get this resolved faster or at least get to the backend team in time? How long can an order be marked as processing before it is automatically cancelled? 

I would really appreciate any help and support at this time.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38514 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Poke and wait - the beauty of the Social Media channels, @RandAlThor - and glad you got sorted, eventually.

Message 11 of 17

MR-Cooke
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m still waiting 20 days, the company o2 is utterly appalling 3 calls to 202 and 2 in store visits. I’m in exactly the same position as you, but I can call out but no data or texts, so can’t even log in to my o2 account as can’t receive text code.

I’ve  emailed Ofcom for advice and my family of 3/4 have requested pac codes in protest and are leaving o2 appalling company.

Message 12 of 17

AndyJNew
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, how did you get this sorted please as I'm in exactly the same situation. 

This is not acceptable from O2 and I can't even return the phone as my sim is still "processing"

Absolute shambles of a company the way they expect you to just wait days on end until they can be bothered to look into it. 

Many thanks

Andy

Message 13 of 17

AndyJNew
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Dave-O2 

I'm in the same situation as RandAIthor.

Called O2 numerous times and just get fobbed off. Been to the O2 store twice and nobody can help as my Esim is still processing. Can you help please? 

Thank you

Andy

Message 14 of 17

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7978 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@AndyJNew If you are looking for Dave from O2 he is on paternity leave until October.

Sorry there is no one here to help

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 17

AndyJNew
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli Hi, Thank you for letting me know. 

Message 16 of 17

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@AndyJNew 

Who are you directing that question to ? To @MR-Cooke maybe ? 

Whoever it is aimed at, you need to tag them thus ! 👍

Message 17 of 17