Did you mean: 

Oneplus 6 wifi calling has stopped?

Abernyteman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Wifi calling use to work on my Oneplus 6 but is no longer an option in the device setting menu, even my O2 shop could not explain the problem. The Oneplus 6 is listed as O2 Wi-Fi compatible on the O2 website. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Abernyteman 

Still working OK for me on my OP6.

I assume you have rebooted the phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Abernyteman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. It has certainly been shut down and restarted-  I presume that counts as a reboot?

Message 3 of 10

Abernyteman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone is currently running on Android version 11

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Abernyteman 

Check the path to settings.....

Settings >WiFi and Network >Sim and Network >SIM 1 (and then SIM 2 if you have 2 sim cards in).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Abernyteman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Thanks for the above. I have checked the above before and it no longer gives an option to enable wifi calling, my wife has the phone at the moment and she is away for a few hours but I can send you a screenshot when she returns. 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Very strange @Abernyteman 

No difference in phone or software to mine.

Are you running 2 sims or just 1 ?

Maybe try moving sim/s around?

Let us know when the wife gets home please.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Abernyteman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your suggestions above and sorry for not getting back to you sooner - domestic events.

Alas although I have now properly rebooted the phone, and moved the sim card to the other slot neither have resolved the problem. I have noted on the O2 website that although they say the Oneplus 6 does provide Wi-Fi calling it now also only mentions android versions 8 and 9.   I have taken screenshot of the relevant menus and have attached them. Oneplus 6 setting screenshot 1.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 2.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 3.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 4.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 5.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 6.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 7.jpgOneplus 6 setting screenshot 8.jpg

Message 8 of 10

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 340 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Abernyteman have you tried giving O2 customer services a shout (even though you were in the O2 shop) WiFi calling is generally a carrier provided feature.  Just to make sure that it is still turned on from O2 side. Just grabbing at the proverbial straw....

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 9 of 10

Abernyteman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay thanks - I haven't as yet but guess that is next 

Message 10 of 10