cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP Not working on O2 (HOW TO RESOLVE IT)

Satkid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, after a thousand calls to o2/complaints and literally getting NOWHERE, I believe I have found the resolution. I have had limited success with this working it worked twice 3 Sundays ago but never after this.

On iphone (sorry dont know on android but should be v similar)

Go to Mobile Data:

Tick a different Network Provider than o2.
Voda/EE etc. let it attempt to switch to the provider. I did this for Voda/ee

Obviously there will be no signal on these providers

Switch back to Auto

Try any of your apps that need an OTP and voila

If this doesnt work then contact bank or whoever is the OTP, get this reset at their end. If you have any blocks on numbers check they arent in there.

So far its worked every time for me post this and although there is no reason i'll take the win!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147180 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Satkid 

Process covered in our community guide here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Satkid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can you then add the OTP specifically in this guide please as I have spent literally hours fixing this and its not a standard text message issue as I can receive all incl. o2 text messages - specifically not OTP

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 147180 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Can you add specific mention of OTP to the above guide please.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Good find @Satkid clap

@MI5 I've now added a paragraph under the manual network selection section of the guide referring to OTP codes.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147180 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

Cheers @Dave-O2 

Message 6 of 6