Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have wiped out my wife's account

Pentris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can no longer access my wife's account. Email no longer recognised, so cannot reset password or anything. Customer services laughed when I said that they are able to send bills each month yet do not recogise the email account. They are a nightmare to deal with.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Pentris 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94424 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

O2 have totally messed up a change to a new billing system which is effecting thousands of customers.

You'll need a new email address that's not been used on O2 before. O2 for some reason have used redundant legacy o2.co.uk emails on some accounts

You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 
This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media using the links below

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 3 of 6

Pentris
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Jonsie. Thanks very much for this information. O2 will have to sort this out on the one and only email account my wife has. They messed it up and they must sort it. I am not generating another address to cover up their incompetance.

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Pentris - as mentioned by @jonsie above:

You can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

Contact O2, best way is via Social Media (X, or FB, link below has the ways) or contact the legacy team on 08082816956. Good luck!

Message 5 of 6

Pentris
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't use social media. I tried yesterday to creat a Facebook account and it was immediately disabled. No real reason given, they hide behind pages of jargon. Now I know why I have avoided social media for the last 20 years. My wife will write a good old fashioned letter so that they have the issues in writing requesting they sort out the account or lose our custom. It worked last time we had a serious service issue. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6