Did you mean: 

O2 changed my number by mistake. Can't get my number back for almost a month

wegt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

It is been a month since I first tried to fix the problem. I didn’t get any help (I called multiple times and used Facebook messenger). 
I stopped receiving security code after 12.12.2022. Support told me to wait. I waited and nothing changed.
One day I decided to call my husband and saw a completely different number on his screen. That is how I realised that I’d lost my phone number somehow.
Then I started to receive a lot of messages addressed to Paul regarding driving lessons. That is how I realised that it was someone else’s number. I googled that number and found a driving school registered on it. I wrote the guy on WhatsApp (I didn’t change my number on WhatsApp so he could still had his registered on the number that became mine somehow). He told me that he tried to transfer his old number but was told that his number had been recycled to somebody else (obviously me). 
There is a last number difference between our phone numbers. So it is clear that the operator hit the wrong number key when trying to transfer that guy’s number to his account and it was transferred to mine instead.
It is an absolute nightmare for both of us, and the support team do nothing to fix their own mistake. Today they even told me, that both of us have to buy new SIM cards and then they will try to help. I can't see how it helps to get my number back as it doesn't exist anymore.
What else can I do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@wegt 

let me tag @O2Ryan who should be able to help with this. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126043 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @wegt I'll ask @O2Ryan or @O2Emma if they can help you. Look out for contact on this thread, One or the other will be sending you a private message.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 4 of 4