Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cant connect 4g

PatrYKo7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So then I've been using this card for a good few months and I'm pretty damn annoyed at the way it works. I went on tour, topped up the card and there was a problem with the damn signal again.Pages don't load, I connect to the damn 2G network, is there any access blocked to connect to this 4G network?In most European Union countries, the O2 network is terribly terrible, I have used many cards, currently I use four and this network with two is simply a nightmare for me, there are constant problems The network is unstable even if it connects to 4G LTE, you can't use it in a pleasant way. Pink is at the level of 80 to 140 and up, I even bought a router with a modem for it, but it doesn't do anything. You're done, I paid for it and I would like it to work at least decently and not tragically... if there is still a problem by the evening, I demand a refund and cancellation Subscription because I'm really tired of dealing with this network and I'm going to throw this card to hell...

IMG_20240525_111104.jpg

IMG_20240525_110844.jpg

IMG_20240525_110947.jpg

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Just so you know, @PatrYKo7 - O2 (UK) sell a different SIM (Data only) for use in routers - the normal SIM gives unpredictable results when used for that purpose. That said, both SIM types can go into a phone for troubleshooting or similar, but make sure data SIM is primarily kept for the router, and the normal voice SIM for whichever phone you are using

No worries about the outburst - frustration is what O2 UK is good at causing. Liked your use of video, too 👍🏼

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already have the impression that access to the 4G network is blocked, as if I had no access to connect to the LTE network, only the damn 2G all the time.

Message 2 of 15

pgn
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Are you using an O2 UK Pay as you go card, @PatrYKo7? If so, note that PAYG with O2 UK is restricted in that it does not offer 4G calling or 5G. As many countries in Europe have removed their 3G network components, all that is left is 2G.

Note also if you exceed 63 days at a stretch in Europe without appearing on the O2 Network in the UK for a few weeks, O2 will restrict your access to all roaming networks.

Do also check your SIM is clean and secure, and take a read of this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

If you are on a Contract SIM, then Guide: How to find help & contact O2 and Guide: Cancelling Your Contract may be useful. Good luck!

Message 3 of 15

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I visit England quite often, even several or a dozen times a month, so there is no problem with that.  And yes i idę payasugo. I do not intend to use 4g/5g calling, volte, etc. this card is only intended for 4g/LTE internet. I know so well that 3G has been withdrawn, only 2G remains, just like 4G. This card happens to connect to 4G. It just takes a miracle. I had a similar situation probably two months ago, and after a night it connected to LTE in the morningAnd it kind of worked after that.But it is not possible that it works the way it wants. I don't know if the operators you cooperate with in other countries cut off your range, because I used EE, voxi, giff gaff, and there were no such situations. The EE network worked best and the ping was almost everywhere around 60. A But I changed networks because I was paying fees of several pounds a day. And here I admit that there is an interesting offer with 25 GB outside the UK. In England, the network works decently, but it is not ideal either.But let's say you can use it relatively stress-free. I've been to many places so I can say something about it.

Message 4 of 15

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was in England, in London on May 8, 2024. You can definitely check it in the system using the logs from the radio mast connections.

Message 5 of 15

pgn
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Alas, nobody here works for O2, so mast and access logs are not available.

25GB free in most European countries, @PatrYKo7 - and if you manually select a roaming network, Support have said to use any network, even those that say "Not allowed" on the list of available networks (really important for Contract phones in USA with the "O2 Travel Inclusive Zone" Bolt-On, that tip! But it applies in Europe too, where the strongest signal may be a network that does not allow O2 UK roaming customers to access it).

Out of interest, do your other SIMs have such problems roaming onto UK networks when you are in the UK?

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide has some useful tips in one of the later sections, if you have not seen it, @PatrYKo7.

Message 6 of 15

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, I am unable to connect to other operator networks, there is no access. I also cannot connect to the O2 4G network.As for my other networks, they work without any problems, but I have additional costs charged in the UK, and in Europe I have a little roaming, but they work. Sorry this took so long to answer, but something came up I will try to provide more details about the connection soon.

Message 7 of 15

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I try to force a connection to the O2 4G network, I get this information.

connection cannot be established

Message 8 of 15

PatrYKo7
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Look at the video, both SIM cards are connected to the O2 network, My private card enables 5g and LTE+. Where an O2 card connected to the O2 network only connects to 2g. Both cards have the same range because they come from the same place.When I force O2 to connect to the 4G network via the forte LTE application, there is no access. Only connects to 2g.

I didn't show it in the video, but believe me, I tried to force it, but I don't have access to 4G..

https://youtu.be/82JWJrC5dhA?si=_QNLFnhTjtRKHS37

Message 9 of 15

pgn
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

An odd question - have you tried swapping the SIM positions around in the carrier, @PatrYKo7? Sometimes, with some handsets, that has made a difference, reportedly (don't ask me why, perhaps related to a SIM with poor contacts in a slot with better grip?).

Also you could be a candidate, next time you're in the UK, to get a replacement O2 SIM - any O2 Store can do this for you, so long as you have photo id with you. 

Message 10 of 15