Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cant connect 4g

PatrYKo7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So then I've been using this card for a good few months and I'm pretty damn annoyed at the way it works. I went on tour, topped up the card and there was a problem with the damn signal again.Pages don't load, I connect to the damn 2G network, is there any access blocked to connect to this 4G network?In most European Union countries, the O2 network is terribly terrible, I have used many cards, currently I use four and this network with two is simply a nightmare for me, there are constant problems The network is unstable even if it connects to 4G LTE, you can't use it in a pleasant way. Pink is at the level of 80 to 140 and up, I even bought a router with a modem for it, but it doesn't do anything. You're done, I paid for it and I would like it to work at least decently and not tragically... if there is still a problem by the evening, I demand a refund and cancellation Subscription because I'm really tired of dealing with this network and I'm going to throw this card to hell...

IMG_20240525_111104.jpg

IMG_20240525_110844.jpg

IMG_20240525_110947.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

PatrYKo7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I tried, I have two phones and an Alcatel hhv40 LTE 4G router/modem. And there is a problem on all devices, changing the SIM card locations does not help.Maybe there really is a problem with the SIM card itself. I'll be in England soon, so I'll go to the facility 

Thanks for trying to help, and sorry for the outburst in the first post. But my blood pressure has already gone up because the problem has been going on for a long time.

Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Just so you know, @PatrYKo7 - O2 (UK) sell a different SIM (Data only) for use in routers - the normal SIM gives unpredictable results when used for that purpose. That said, both SIM types can go into a phone for troubleshooting or similar, but make sure data SIM is primarily kept for the router, and the normal voice SIM for whichever phone you are using

No worries about the outburst - frustration is what O2 UK is good at causing. Liked your use of video, too 👍🏼

Message 12 of 15

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PatrYKo7 wrote:

I know so well that 3G has been withdrawn, only 2G remains, just like 4G.

Only on VF & EE. 3UK are in the process of switching 3G off, but O2 are the last one's standing - and probably more reliant on it than would be publicly admitted.

Message 13 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I think @japitts that O2 are heavily reliant on 3G for IoT stuff - smart meters, security systems etc.

I read the other day that they have circa 10 million live IoT accounts, although I do not know how accurate that figure is.  

Message 14 of 15

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

You're right to an extent. Equally most telemetry devices are low-bandwidth uses and O2 isn't the only operator to have large numbers of such users active.

Message 15 of 15