cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some texts (verification codes, some texts from companies etc.)

cantharella
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Suddenly out of the blue I started having problems with receiving some text. Mostly it affects verification codes sent as a part of 2 step authentication - most of the time I don't get them all, sometimes they come a few hours later. I also had a few other texts that I was meant to receive but didn't, or they came late (things like booking confirmations or delivery update from the Royal Mail).

This is really annoying me, and it means I might get locked out of my online banking, work email, and many other important things that use 2 step authentication.

I'll add that I've been with the O2 for more than 10 years on Pay Monthly, use an iPhone XR (had it for almost 2 years). My software is up to date (updated recently) but the problem started before the last update. I tried things like restarting the phone, resetting network settings etc. - it didn't help. I checked network coverage in my area, all okay.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 😊

@MaxCG I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 32

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@cantharella was this issue solved?

Message 22 of 32

MrNovember
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Found this thread as I am having the exact same problem. Phone works absolutely fine, but suddenly cannot receive 2fa messages. Customer support have provided generic advice "clean your sim, reset phone etc" but it's had no effect. @O2Lisa are you able to help with this issue please?

Message 23 of 32

WhyOtwo
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, it was eventually resolved by O2. They never acknowledged the issue or explained why it was happening or what the fix was. However, it was clear they knew what the issue was and that I was not the first. Just have to be persistent, or make a formal complaint

Message 24 of 32

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@MrNovember wrote:

Found this thread as I am having the exact same problem. Phone works absolutely fine, but suddenly cannot receive 2fa messages. Customer support have provided generic advice "clean your sim, reset phone etc" but it's had no effect. O2Lisa are you able to help with this issue please?

@O2Emma is the advisor on this evening, @MrNovember - watch out for a message here presently asking for more info. Good luck.

Message 25 of 32

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @MrNovember I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 26 of 32

JamesW
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have a motorola edge 20 lite on a pay monthly contract. I am having this same issue with not receiving verification codes, it only started 1 day ago. I was able to get 3 codes for some apps but then the other apps which require verification codes I am not getting any codes for. This is really annoying as one of the apps which i need to set up is used for car insurance. Plus I am having other issues regarding texts. I will get the same texts come through up to 15 times and i don't know why. I have tried resetting the phone, turning the phone off and removing the sim card and then putting it back in and turning the phone back on, I have checked all of the settings and nothing fixes it. Anyone able to help with these issues.

Message 27 of 32

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36072 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@JamesW wrote:

Hello, I have a motorola edge 20 lite on a pay monthly contract. I am having this same issue with not receiving verification codes, it only started 1 day ago. I was able to get 3 codes for some apps but then the other apps which require verification codes I am not getting any codes for. This is really annoying as one of the apps which i need to set up is used for car insurance. Plus I am having other issues regarding texts. I will get the same texts come through up to 15 times and i don't know why. I have tried resetting the phone, turning the phone off and removing the sim card and then putting it back in and turning the phone back on, I have checked all of the settings and nothing fixes it. Anyone able to help with these issues.

See advice offered by O2 here, @JamesW - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/receiving-multiple-text-messages/m-p/1615180/highlight/tr...

Link below this post contains the ways to contact the O2 Social Media Team, as advised in the article above.

Good luck.

Message 28 of 32

RossH
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have iphone 12 pro max and also recently started having the same issue with some 2fa texts meaning I am currently unable to access to many of my accounts for various things. Please resolve this for me O2.

Message 29 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@RossH 

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to have a look at this for you .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 32