Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any One Time Passcodes

GillOTP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can no longer receive any OTP - they’re not coming through from my bank, from HMRC or the NHS app. O2 Customer service advised reset network but that didn’t help. They also thought an age restriction might have randomly been put on my account. That’s been removed but still the OTP don’t come through. Weirdly, whenever O2 sends me a text, a flood of old OTPs come through…but I still can’t get new ones. O2 say a technical support person will contact me in three working days. I really could do with this being sorted sooner, if anyone has any ideas? 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38582 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

@Jayef writes: "In a nutshell, I don't know how it was resolved"

This is why I have asked @Breanna to help get info from O2, as there are many well-written Community Guides that deal with all sorts of eventualities - but not one, yet, for this OTP bugbear.

Fingers-crossed we can get something soon, so people do not reach the frustration levels shown in many OTP shouts for help that land here. 🤞

Message 31 of 34

Alyxiate
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Months later and this issue is still ongoing, seriously thinking of just switching to a different network 😂😂

Message 32 of 34

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11624 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

You won't find it any better on a different network, just have a look on all the forums for them....

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 33 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149675 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28519 Solutions

No problems with receiving codes on my EE or Voda phones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 34 of 34