Did you mean: 

Not receiving OTPs or text messages

ChrisWAK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I’m currently regretting my life choices. Ported my EE number to O2. Have spent all day trying to resolve the issue with the missing text messages and OTPs. Followed @jonsie ’s advice to the letter. Had unhelpful suggestions on the phone and going to the actual O2 shop proved useless as well. 

Has anyone switched back to their old provider during the cooling off period? Is that a lot of hassle? Does it resolve the issues? 
 Thanks x

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148892 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@ChrisWAK 

You'd be wise to switch back whilst you can.

Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 148892 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@ChrisWAK 

You'd be wise to switch back whilst you can.

Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

ChrisWAK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been on hold for 1 hour 35 mins so far. I’m going to end up with a new number back at EE, aren’t I? 🤣

Message 3 of 6

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11219 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hey @ChrisWAK 

Well done staying that time on hold, medals 🏅 will no doubt be issued for "longest hold"

Good luck with your return to EE 

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11332 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@ChrisWAK 

Sounds like EE haven't completed their part of the port, as they need to add files to forward on SMS and OTP's to o2.. not a surprise as EE are as incompetent as o2 at times with ports... 

As EE own the number you shouldnt have any issues porting back to them.. as they just remove the data files, but you will need to pass all EE's credit and affordability checks as you will be a new customer to them...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 148892 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@ChrisWAK 

Call at 8.00am for best chance of getting through quickly.

Message 6 of 6