cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated my card in Bulgaria and only data works, can’t make any calls or any message

Brielle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have activated my card in Bulgaria and now I can only use the data but I can’t make any calls or send any text messages. The bolt on O2 Travel Opt Out is activated on my account (although it says in the description of the bolt on that’s it’s only for Guernsey Isle of Man jersey Monaco or Switzerland , so Bulgaria is in the EU, it has nothing to do with that bolt on). Could someone help me activate the text and phone calls too?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Brielle 

Some things to try:
Manually search for another network
Reboot the phone
Set phone to 2g in network settings to try a call. If on PAYG you will not have 4g calling so calls will only go off 2g if Bulgaria has no 3g.
If still not working then contact O2 to remove the Roaming bar on your account.
If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Brielle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, none of those helped, even the 02 team of pay as you go over the phone couldn't do anything to help me set it up while I'm still in roaming in the EU and they removed the bundle and refunded me to my account into the credit balance the 10 GBP. My question now is: is there any possible way that I could get that refunded to my bank account or back to the debit card with which I topped up these 10 GBP? If someone knows, please let me know here, do not transfer me to speak to O2 again, i waited 2 hours to get connected to a pay as you go agent. So please, if needed, I insist on a manager to come this thread and help me !

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Brielle 

No managers or agents available here on this customer community forum.

Sorry, but you know what to do next...............

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Brielle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

You said: *Sorry, but you know what to do next...............*

I'm sorry, but I have no clue, what should I do next?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Call again and sit in the queue......

If you call at 8.00am UK time the wait should not be too long.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Brielle 

If you do not want to sit in a queue, you could try the social media route. O2's social media team are quite well thought of and should be able to help. @MI5 has given you their contact details above, and they are in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

But you may well be back home before you get a response.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

But you may well be back home before you get a response.

@MI5 

Except that we have no idea at all how long @Brielle is in Bulgaria for ! 👍

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Hence my choice of words.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10