Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

vick85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I have just upgraded to the iphone12 pro and they give me a new sim! I have done what it says and put the new sim in. Most things have crossed over but I have no service and a lot of apple app’s have not downloaded 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@vick85 

You need to do a sim swap from the old sim to the new sim card, you only need to do this if you have 5G in your local area, otherwise, you can just use your old sim card. 

Instructions on doing the sim swap are on the sim card wallet, and the sim swap can take upto 24hours...  

WIth regards to Apps, the icloud service is being hammered at the moment, so my advice is to go to the app store and download the apps from there... I would do the update to IOS 15 first.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@vick85 

How to do a sim swap here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

iOS 15 isn't released until Sept 20th.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@mi5

Mine updated today, but then realised im on the dev beta, so get the full release straight away slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Public release still isn't until Monday though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5