Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone saying no service

Claire598
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there, I have just purchased a second hand unlocked phone and have inserted my existing SIM From my old phone into. It. Unfortunately it says no service. I have tried taking it out and putting it back in twice, have restated the phone multiple times, put it in airplane mode, switched it off for half an hour, tried to manually select 02 from a list of avaliable networks and none of which work. Please can you help me resolve this issue ?

Thank you
Claire
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Claire598 

Does the sim work in the other phone? If so then the phone you bought appears to be faulty.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Claire598
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there thanks for your swift reply, yes the sim does work on my old phone. The new one is occasionally now showing empty signal bars then going back to no signal again. Could it be anything to do with the fact it's linked with my old phone? 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Claire598 

No nothing at all. You should be able to put your sim in any phone and it will work. As yours doesn't it appears there is something wrong with the phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Claire598 

Try using mobile data.

If that works but you can't use calls and texts, the phone will be barred. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6