Did you mean: 

New order generated out of the blue?

Lauratechq
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I just received a text saying my new order is being processed by O2 but I haven't placed a new order? My data allowance seems to have been upgraded but I never asked for this and it looks like I am going to incur a higher monthly charge as a result. How can I reverse this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

All the best,

Laura

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Are you ex Virgin. Sometimes these messages are generated when you are put on O2 new billing system

We are just customers here so

You will need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Lauratechq 

If you have migrated from Virgin it could just be a billing alignment, but check with O2 to be sure.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Lauratechq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply! No I'm not ex-Virgin, I have a 36 month contract with O2 and am currently 12 months into it. I will call them, thank you!

Message 4 of 9

Lauratechq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply! No, not ex-Virgin. The note on this order is deactivation - vas- change. My data allowance has doubled but I never requested this and  my costs seem to have risen too. Will call them, thank you!

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Lauratechq 

VAS is value added service.

If you have virgin broadband you get volt benefits which doubles your data Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Lauratechq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do have Virgin broadband but had no idea that would have any impact on my O2 phone. I will look at this more closely tomorrow and give them a call. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Let us know how it goes @Lauratechq 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Lauratechq
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do!

Message 9 of 9