cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pixel 6 - Multiple issues (Pay, Visual Voicemail, Pixel setup app)

saggyhaggis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a new Pixel 6 yesterday after coming from using an iPhone and have multiple issues:

1. Visual voicemail sms notification repeatedly popping up stating that it can't be set up.  I have reset network settings with no success.
  2. Google pay states that contactless is not set up as 'your device does not meet security standards' and there is a line through the contactless symbol.  The software is fully up to date so can't understand this issue.  If I select the wallet shortcut from the Lock Screen the NFC payment symbol appears without the line through it.
  3. The Pixel set up application will not leave my notification tray.  When selected and I start the process it gets stuck on 'getting set up' page and won't go any further.  I have muted it for 24 hours, but it will appear later today.

The contactless payments are a deal breaker and if I can't get contactless payments to work the phone will be returned.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@saggyhaggis 

Go into the voicemail settings on your phone and turn off the option for VVM.

It will be on by default but not supported on O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@saggyhaggis 

There are quite a few known issues with the Pixel 6 that Google are aware of so may be worth talking to them.

For me, as it's all new, I'd do a factory reset and start over.

If you need to return it you can message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

saggyhaggis
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick update.

I have factory reset the Pixel and both the Google Pay and Pixel set up issues have been resolved.  The only outstanding matter is the visual voicemail and my sanity as I have had to manually install all of my apps as the backup taken prior to the reset wasn't recognised.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@saggyhaggis 

Go into the voicemail settings on your phone and turn off the option for VVM.

It will be on by default but not supported on O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4