Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue getting desperate

Soulpig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I purchased a new Samsung A14 from Argos 3 weeks ago and got a new sim from o2 shop. After a while I realized the mobile network wasn't working. I took it to o2 shop and tech guy checked settings and changed sim card but still no mobile network. He said phone maybe faulty (not purchased from O2) But it works with an EE SIM so surely it's network issue with o2.

I rang o2 a week ago and they said they would call back within 5 days but I am going away tomorrow and need a resolution ASAP

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Soulpig You won't get any resolution from O2 ASAP. Take a look at this guide to check if there are any issues in your area: How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

If an EE sim works, get a Pay & Go sim from them as a temporary stopgap while you're away and sort things out with O2 when you get back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Soulpig
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for short term solution but how will I sort this with o2 when I get back? There are no reported network issues ,they haven't rung me back, the shop is useless and I guess I will have to start the whole process again whilst paying for two charges at same time. I was forced to migrate from VMobile and have never had this hassle before.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6651 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Something strange. If you came over from Virgin Mobile you should have exactly the same coverage on O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I will tag an online advisor. @O2Emma can you please assist @Soulpig?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Soulpig I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 6