Did you mean: 

Network Signal UB10

Nik89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have moved to a new property and found I don't have any network signal. There seems to be a mast down in the area. Can you please advise how long this will take to be resolved? Else, I will need to switch to another network as I am missing important calls. This has been on-going for the last 10days. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

We won't have any inside information @Nik89 as this is a community of other o2 customers.

There is some advice on network issues in the two guides below, but as o2 are aware of the problem and are working on it then you can only keep pestering them.

Generally o2 won't publish timescales for fixes in case there are subsequent issues.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Moving your number could be costly if you are partway through a contract, but details on how to switch are in this guide

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

We won't have any inside information @Nik89 as this is a community of other o2 customers.

There is some advice on network issues in the two guides below, but as o2 are aware of the problem and are working on it then you can only keep pestering them.

Generally o2 won't publish timescales for fixes in case there are subsequent issues.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Moving your number could be costly if you are partway through a contract, but details on how to switch are in this guide

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Nik89 To add to the good advice from @gmarkj, if you're thinking of switching, get Pay & Go sims from the other networks before you commit to any. You may find the signal is not as good as what you had with O2, or that they're using the same faulty mast.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

SallyS264
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having issues in the UB post code area, mine is UB8 and my son has no signal when inside buildings, I have attempted to contact support to get this fixed but they are refusing to talk to my son as per other message logged in community, and as for this being "community" it still has o2 employees looking in to offer suggestions and support, and I am also looking to teminate contract due to "not being able to fufill service" under supplying of goods act 1982 as listed on OfCom website.

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

If this is a known fault then contacting support to get it fixed won't speed up the process 

There are many reasons why these repairs may take time. Spares are in short supply because of the world wide shortage of chips. There can be access problems. Both Vodafone and O2 had problems for me as they had to negotiate access to the shared mast and the land owner was not playing ball I could go on and list others. Quite often these things are in the hands of third parties 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@SallyS264 If you're looking to terminate your contract you will have to go through a formal complaint procedure, and failure to do that would result in problems for you with your credit rating: How to Complain | Help | O2      

Also bear in mind that the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when you took your contract state that O2 doesn't guarantee 100% uptime. If O2 are aware of the issue in your area and are attempting to resolve it, terminating your contract on those grounds would not be a valid reason.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38545 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@SallyS264 wrote:

I am also having issues in the UB post code area, mine is UB8 and my son has no signal when inside buildings, I have attempted to contact support to get this fixed but they are refusing to talk to my son as per other message logged in community, and as for this being "community" it still has o2 employees looking in to offer suggestions and support, and I am also looking to teminate contract due to "not being able to fufill service" under supplying of goods act 1982 as listed on OfCom website.

The "other message" was tagged onto the end of a Forum Guide, @SallyS264 - did the duty O2 Advisor ever get back to you earlier?

Message 7 of 9

SallyS264
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes and I have replied, I had to go to work, and have only just seen it.

Message 8 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38545 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@SallyS264 wrote:

yes and I have replied, I had to go to work, and have only just seen it.

Well there are no advisors on today, Sunday, and a different rota applies Monday, @SallyS264 - when are you likely to be around on Monday so you and the tagged Advisor can get together via PM?

Message 9 of 9