Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING TEXT/SMS AFTER PORTING TO O2

Benson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

it’s been 5days since I ported from my previously used network lycamobile to O2 network. I can make and receive calls, send text but I do not receive text and iMessage is not working.

I’m unable to get verification codes to allow me do important transactions and this is crashing up things for me seriously. I have contacted O2 severally and yet they keep telling me the issue has been escalated but without solution till today. It’s just as if I made the greatest mistake of my life in porting to O2. Please I need your help urgently . Debts are pilling up on me right now as I can’t do transactions that require me to use verification codes to login and get OTP. Save a life now pls…

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Tmp2323
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having this issue too on one of the phones on our account. It is also stating that messages are not delivered which I think is a related issue.

Message 31 of 50

Davejh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa 

I am now having exact same issue.

Ported number over from Virgin. I was getting message failed when I tried to send a text message, yet these were going through. I have now resolved this. However, I am not receiving any text messages. Like a lot of people this phone is used for work too. 

Have re-set the number is settings to my number from the temp one. Have reset network settings. Have turned the phone on and off multiple times - left it off for 10 mins/15 mins. Have tried airplane mode. Whatever I do I can't get text messages through to me.

Iphone 13 Pro Max - on Virgin and was always fine - I don't have a spare phone to put the sim card in.

Message 32 of 50

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38259 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Davejh I am tagging @O2Sarah- who may be able to help, keep an eye on your PMs here when she gets to you. Good luck!

Message 33 of 50

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Davejh I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 34 of 50

Massi1234
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- I ported today and I can get calls and SMSs from other people but I am not receiving OTPs. Any idea why?

Message 35 of 50

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Hi @Massi1234 The OTP's can take up to 24 hours to work after a port in. I will send you an message with the details we will need to check your account. Please get back to me there if you get no changes after the 24 hours. 

Message 36 of 50

Massi1234
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually - even weirder - although I seem to be ported - I receive the messages on my old SIM - I put it in my old phone and as soon as I put it in - 1) The messages arrived from yesterday 2) the SIM still work - which should not be the case - seems like porting has gone wrong somewhere. @O2Sarah- 

Message 37 of 50

Massi1234
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Sarah- It now all seems to work and I am getting OTPs ... also the EE account seems to have closed - so I assume the porting might have got somehow stuck but it has been fully completed and all started to work!

Thanks for your help!

Message 38 of 50

AjayMis199
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, 

Could you please contact me about this… it’s such a frustration. Please help. 

Message 39 of 50

AjayMis199
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah-  Please help slight_smile 

Message 40 of 50